New flat: spacious, with a small balcony and an actual table at which one can eat meals like a civilised human being. A stone's throw from what estate agents disturbingly describe as Crystal Palace's 'vibrant triangle'.
New job: interesting, worthwhile, nice team, shame it's only till Christmas. (On my first day the guy who sits next to me made a joke about dogging, and I knew I had come home.)
Other things I have been doing:
- Attended a performance of Welcome to Nightvale at the Shepherd's Bush Empire with my friend Oli
- Bought the new Pink Floyd album on limited edition double vinyl and played it to death
- Had my friend Kate round to dinner; stayed up till midnight talking, drinking wine and listening to LPs
- Caught up with Dr Who and burst into tears, predictably, at [Spoiler (click to open)]Cyber Brig OMG
- Written two furry-type stories within a week (possibly not unconnected to, er, unconnectedness), one of which was accepted within hours of submission
In conclusion: it's all good.