List ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Take just a few minutes and don't think too hard -- they don't have to be the "right" or "great" works, just the ones that have touched you.
Some of these have influenced my writing, some have influenced my life, and some both. Presented roughly in order of reading.
- The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
- The Compleet Molesworth - Geoffrey Willans & Ronald Searle
- Aunts Aren't Gentlemen - P. G. Wodehouse
- The Call of the Wild - Jack London
- I, Robot - Isaac Asimov
- Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes
- Biggles of 266 - W. E. Johns
- Dr No - Ian Fleming
- The Saint and Mr Teal - Leslie Charteris
- Microserfs - Douglas Coupland