- Reply to this post and I'll assign you a letter.
- List (and upload, if you feel like it) 5 songs that start with that letter.
- Post them to your journal with these instructions.
klepsydra's Scrabble bag gave me A.
I was taken to a Sparks concert knowing absolutely nothing about them. Usually going to see an unknown band is my idea of hell, but I really enjoyed it. This was the track that won me over.
- Aftermath -
I've written elsewhere about this track, which I played incessantly in late 2004 - early 2005. It still has the power to snap me back to that time; nonetheless, it's second only to 'Nightswimming' in my personal R.E.M. chart.
- Alphabet of Nations - They Might Be Giants
I sing this to myself when I'm on my scooter and get The Fear; I find remembering all the countries nicely distracting.
- American Tune - Paul Simon
Well, of course there was going to be a Paul Simon track, and this is one of my absolute favourites. Even though I'm not American. Take note: I would like this played at my funeral.
- All I Have To Do
Is Dream - Everly Brothers
Yell if you want a letter!