And receive presents!
Look at the beautiful fingerless glove/handwarmer thingies callmemadam knitted for me! See how they totally match my outfit! They will be the envy of my colleagues when I wear them to ward off draughts from the wobbly windows at work.
Also received and gloated over:
- Taking Woodstock, the book
- The complete Sapphire & Steel
- The Children's Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2010
- A shopping bag crafted by my auntie with cats all over
- Allied Ace Pilots for the DS
- A tin Vespa plaque/perpetual calendar
- A Vespa mug
And today we had tree presents. These are small gifts of the stocking-filler type which go on the tree, are opened after tea on Boxing Day and somewhat soften the blow of Christmas being over. When I was little they were from Father Christmas, but some years ago we gave up pretending because it was nice to thank each other for them.
Here's a tree present I gave my mum (it's a magnet I cross-stitched):