There I was, in the shower. I won't go into any more detail than that because you never know who's reading. Suddenly: a bang as of a balloon popping, sparks from the water heating unit, smoke and a gunpowdery smell. I hopped out pretty sharpish, as everyone knows electricity and being wet don't go together. (Ask anyone who knows about science: You don't use wet hands to unplug an appliance.) Luckily I'd finished washing the shampoo out of my hair or I would have been extremely annoyed as well as scared silly.
This is what our landlord gets for insisting on fixing everything himself, usually by replacing it with a 'new' model that fell off the back of a truck.
Or rather, it's what we get.