Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song. (Skip the instrumentals, the remixes and the mashups)
Step 3: Let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
When the day is long, and the night, the night is yours alone- 'Everybody Hurts', R.E.M. (guessed by panthras) Did you buy your tickets for the war games?- 'War Games', The Monkees (guessed by kowarth)
- I went out to the hazel wood because a fire was in my head
- Look up yonder in the sky, now what is that I pray?
- Walk along the river, sweet lullaby
- Come all ye starry starfish, living in the deep blue sea
- L-O-V-E Love, it's coming back, it's coming back
- Yeah, your Mom's alright
- It's the bullet train, bullet train, bullet train
- Sirens woke me up again
- Come gather round people, wherever you roam - 'The Times They Are A-Changin'', guessed by ggreig, but who is covering it?
Deaf, dumb and blind boy- 'Amazing Journey', The Who (guessed by ggreig)
- I met him in a Greenwich Village coffee nook
- The smartest people in the world had gathered in Los Angeles
- When the rain is blowing in your face
Nobody feels any pain- 'Just Like A Woman', Bob Dylan (guessed by callmemadam)
- Plastic passion is a hard to handle
- Cat killing dogs, pigs eating rats
Seen a shooting star tonight and I thought of you- 'Shooting Star', Bob Dylan (guessed by phlebas) Drivin' that train, high on cocaine- 'Casey Jones', Grateful Dead (guessed by spottedhyena)