calgor and I had a few people over for mulled beverages on Saturday night. I had never mulled anything before, but I think I can chalk the affair up as a resounding success. The ten of us got through:
- Three litres of red wine enhanced with sloe gin
- Four pints of cider enhanced with crème de cassis
- Two litres of apple juice
- One bottle of non-alcoholic Glögg from IKEA
These are the recipes I used:
- Mulled wine
- Mulled cider (did this one with apple juice for the non-alkies)
- Mulled cider and blackcurrant
It's a shame you can only really get away with mulled drinks parties once a year. Apart from anything else, it means using the delightful word 'mulled'. Until next Christmas, I'll just have to mull lots of things over.
Also: insofox gave me a keyring in the shape of Tintin, wearing an orange space suit, and was afraid I wouldn't like it! The very idea!